CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

what is the climax of this novel? what happens? how do the events of this novel make you feel?

"1984"
The climax of the novel is when Winston and his girlfriend Julia
are sent to the government cell. They are cent to the cell
because they have been tricked by the Thought Police, and are
caught discussing ways to rebel against the government. Inside
the cell, Winston is tortured, was in the process of being brainwashed,
and was encouraged to betray his girlfriend who already betrayed
him. By going through both the mental and physical tortures,
Winston gives in, and fails to stay strong in his belief.
This makes me feel pity for the people of Oceana. They have
absolutely no point of living other then to serve the government.
It also makes me believe that the kind of world portrayed in 1984
shouldn't ever be put into real life or else, we'll end up betraying
everything just to live.

1 comments:

Josep Folta said...

I think your post goes right to the point (in a good sense). I agree that the climax happened in the government cell. However, I think the climax is a specific event while Winston is in the government cell. I think the theme is when Winston betrays Julia(which you said was part of the theme...).
The last paragraph of your post showed how humans have this instinct(?) to try to survive even in a world like 1984's dystopian world. I think this is true. I also think most people in the world will "end up betraying everything to live" if we were in a world like 1984's dystopian world.