CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

1st book of Series of Unfortunate Events


Honestly, I read this book because I couldn't find any good books in the library, and it was one of the few books that I have in my house. However, I have never thoroughly read this book, so I decided to take a stab at it. The theme I think is depression, because the children suffer depression while being in the Count's house.

Lemony Snicket wrote this depressing book which seems sort of amusing to me. I liked his sense of humor, and telling the meaning of random vocabulary words and relating it into the story. In this story, a children of the Baudelaire family heard the shocking news. Their parents died from a terrible fire. Because of this, they were sent to a house of a terrible distant relative named Count Olaf, a theater actor. After suffering quite a while from being a "captive" of the house, the children discovered the real purpose of the Count's hospitality of the kids. For their family heritage!
This is as far as I got to. Although I just started this book, I don't plan on finishing it because it seems pretty childish, and would like to enjoy more classic books.

0 comments: